Apples. Pears. Sauce. What's not to like? Learn how to make your own killer apple pear sauce using our handy step by-step guide.
- Gather and wash your apples and pears.
- Slice and core the fruit. You may also peel them if you don’t have a food mill.
- Place apple and pear slices in large pot and fill with about an inch of water. Cover and cook until fruit is very soft.
- Run apples and pears through a food mill (as shown) in order to separate the sauce from the skins. No food mill? You can run your peeled fruit through a blender or have at it with a potato masher.
- Allow to cool and enjoy, or divide into containers and freeze for up to a year.